We will be changing the way we handle premium items on Loki and Eir soon. There’s currently no ETA for this other than soon. But I wanted to let people know what we are doing.
For those unaware, I didn’t start Rebirth.RO. The server was created and formed as a pay-to-win server. I did my best over the years to level the playing field by making points able to be traded but this only goes so far. I’ve been wanting to reform our premium item policy for quite some time but as we’ve sold so many items over the years I wanted to do it in a way that didn’t devalue the time, money, and effort put into the premium items already circulating. Part of that effort can already be seen as we give all new players a set of all-stat items.
I think I’ve found a solution. We will be removing all equipment that adds stats from the cash shop. We will no longer sell the so-called “+30 all stat donates”. They will remain in the game and the sprite/stat combos exclusive to the premium version. Instead, we will sell costume versions of the past event items and other formerly premium items. New quests and things will be added to the game to get more of the stat-adding hats, such as the buff hats. This opens up rewards for us to add to new quests, an increasingly difficult task.
When this change goes into affect we will have one last sale where every premium item, past and present, will be sold at or above the original price depending on the exclusivity of it. Even items that were not supposed to return, such as Rose Ring, will return, albeit at a significantly higher cost.
Following a period of several months after the sale, all the former premium items will be made able to be traded freely between players using normal means. This will allow players with older premium items they don’t want to sell them to people who were not around, creating a collectors market.
We don’t have all the details yet on exactly what quests and items will be out as legit items. But here’s some planned but not yet confirmed changes:
- No more stat-adding headgears in the cash shop. Costumes only.
- Seasonal sales will offer costumes only.
- We’ll be renaming what is currently called premium items/donation items to something else and as such, non-donate areas will be renamed to reflect this and continue to block these items.
- The only equipment we plan to leave for sale after this are Ahura and Angra.
- The “Pro Leveling Set” will have a modified version that uses the costume slots.
- All costumes, even legit ones, will be getting a passive bonus based on your donor level which will increase experience rates.
- Dyna-Hats will be getting costume versions.
- Quests will be offering most of the main effects of premium hats as new items with different sprites.
- Most of the non-seasonal hat’s sprites will be exclusive to those hats and won’t be reused. Most of the other hat’s sprites will be made into costumes and added to the cash shop.
- There will be a final sale prior to this change offering every premium headgear we’ve ever sold at or above the original price. This will be the last opportunity to obtain these hats directly from us.
- After a period of not less than 6 months after this sale, all former premium hats will be made able to be traded/sold.
I realize this change may come at a surprise to some of you, but it has been our continued goal to make the server fun and fair for everyone. We want to focus more on the fun and less on the money. Thank you for reading this and thank you for playing Rebirth.RO.